|“This summer, I made my first visit to HAYC3 since leaving Hoosick Falls twenty-six years ago. Aelish and staff are to be commended for developing and expanding programs relevant to the youth of today. They kept the best of the old activities and forged into the future with a passion. Great job and best wishes for continued success!” -Bill Murray|
We’re beginning 2012 with ambitious goals and hopes for not only continuing to provide our much-needed programming but to expand our reach to better serve as much of our population as possible. But we can’t do it on hope alone. Your support is needed. We hope you will consider making a financial donation today to ensure that we can provide these programs and more:
· Daily New York State Licensed after-school program including homework help, art, athletics, and team building
· Community-Police Partnership
· Alternative Sentencing for Youth Alcohol Offenders
· Recreational Activities and Sports Programs
· School Vacations and Summer Enrichment Programs
· Youth-2-Youth Leadership
· Service Learning Opportunities
· Annual Suicide Prevention Walk
· Open Community Panels, Discussions and Town Hall Meetings
· Pumpkinpalooza and other Pride and Tradition Initiatives
· Halloween Parade and Celebration
· Artist Guild and Community Art Program for Youth and Adults
· Holiday Tree Lighting and Santa Visit Event
· One Day, One Cause, One Community: A celebration to benefit the Food Pantry
· Village Clean-Up, Town-wide Tag Sale, and Prescription Drop-Off Days
· Community-based Mentoring
· Financial Support for Family-friendly Community Events
· Coalition-based Strategies to Build a Healthier, Stronger Community
And much, much more…
If you haven’t visited the Center lately we invite you to do so. But at the very least, we’ll hope you’ll consider making a donation to help keep one of our community’s oldest and most-valued resources operating successfully.
|“One of the best things about HAYC3 is the creativity that the entire staff encourages in the children through the programs they offer, especially the week-long campus. The staff helps the kids bring to life their wonderful ideas, and that instills a sense of confidence and positive attitude about what they are capable of doing.” -Krissy Fauler|
It is important to remember that HAYC3 is much more than a building. Programs and initiatives created or supported by the organization take place throughout the community. Members represent many sectors of the community (youth, parents, schools, churches, businesses, service organizations, media, law enforcement, healthcare, local government, volunteer organizations, and substance abuse specialists) and work together to provide programs for youth and families throughout Hoosick.
All of these programs require staff, supplies, facility maintenance and operating expenses, such as fuel and electricity. In the past, multiple funding sources, including grants, special events, and municipal contributions, enabled us to offer these programs at little cost to participants and maintain reasonable membership dues of less than a dollar a day. However, economic realities have impacted those sources, and more of the money needed to sustain the work of HAYC3 must come from our community in the form of membership dues, program fees and donations.
This year has been an exciting one for the Hoosick Area Youth Center & Community Coalition (HAYC3). We’ve made tremendous progress in terms of creating connections among our members. We launched our exciting communitypolice partnership, expanded leadership opportunities for youth, added to the number of service opportunities for the entire community, and a raised awareness of the importance of everyone working together to make Hoosick a place where youth and families feel a sense of belonging. The support of the local community is what makes the efforts of HAYC3 possible, and that support has grown enough to allow activities for youth and families to occur year-round.
Did you Know?
- We have been providing a safe, supervised place for the youth of Hoosick to gather for more than 58 years.
- Adults who came to play here as children now come to watch their grandchildren play.
- In 2013 we will be celebrating our 60th Anniversary!
- No one is ever denied access to HAYC3 programs because they cannot pay.
- Contributions make it possible for us to offer scholarships and free memberships to those who need assistance.
- More than 500 children use the Youth Center regularly!
In addition, dozens participate in the after school program, numerous youth and teens are involved in our leadership program, hundreds of students benefit from prevention programs at the schools and thousands of people enjoy our community events, like Pumpkinpalooza, each year.